22 October 2008

ready for the men chasing the bouncing orange ball around the hardwood...

Indeed, just one week away from the Wizards' season opener.

There's a pretty insightful take on their prospects this season here, and I certainly don't think the outlook is rosy.

At best, the Wiz can hope to stay slightly below .500 till December, and hopefully finish the season strong and surprise a few people. Many if's - Andray Blatche will need to step up, JaVale McGee will have to have a huge rookie year, Nick Young will need to mature right quick and the big three will need to stay healthy once Gilbert comes back.

But I already look forward to being there and to relishing the occasional improbable win. I still don't believe all the doomsday scenarios for this team - I think they'll be able to compete in the improving East - but I am not without concerns.

One of my favorite moments as a Wizards fan was tivo'ing this game and watching it by myself the next morning, which was December 24th.



And for those who prefer their Washington hoops old-school:

No comments: