30 December 2008

time, office, holidays

I've had a never-ending series of commitments when I'm not at work, but at work...? The slow drip, drip you hear is the sound of my work ethic collecting in a thin puddle at my feet. Sure, my phone's been ringing a ton, and I've had a few fires to put out here and there, but the driving challenge has been to find a way to make time go faster - something it turns out I'm completely unable to do.

Drip, drip.

Write a memo that no one will pay attention to? Send an email that no one will read till next week? Or simply sit here and stare at the wall, hoping something happens other than drip, drip, drip?

Tonight's excitement: green peppercorn beer from The Brewer's Art in Bawlamer and a re-fi on the condo loan. Five a and a quarter percent, here we come!

2 comments:

John Das Binky said...

I could have written this exact post today, nearly word for word.

And replace condo with home, and we're about to re-fi for the same rate.

And sadly, no beer tonight, just changing some guitar strings.

Newmanium Reveler said...

Well, the green peppercorn tripel was nice. The re-fi went mostly well, though the documents had Ms. Citizen's name incorrect throughout, which took a lot of initialing and panicky phone calls to loan agents.

Now, it's get through another half-a-day, hopefully, and pack for more time with family, this time in NYC.

Happy new year to all 5 of my readers!