17 January 2009

this is change I can believe in

Well, I am just back from the finest "brewery" in Mount Pleasant - home of the inaugurale. I'm running out again in a second, so this is just a short note with an inaugural flavor: people are great. I mean, they suck, but sitting on a stool in this guy's basement while random people show up to buy a few bottles of an Obama-themed beer, is just so fun. I only got a little taste of it, but I liked it quite a bit. Trying to figure out when to open the few bottles I managed to snag from there...

And the people there! Burning man-goers! Writers for dcist! And the music? An Obama-themed mix supplied by yours truly. I'm just peppy right now because the mood there was so generous, so happy. And I suddenly had a flash of other times in history when civilians have come together to praise a new leader through folk art, through food, through...beer. The audacity of hops indeed. This brewer, in purely thematic terms, is working on an entirely different level. Kudos, and kudos to our little burg, for being so full of polite on-the-sly creative types and hippies.

No comments: