15 December 2010

Fuck this year.

> All kinds of terrible things have happened this year.
>
> I am at MIA, with my mom and sister, about to board a plane to Rio. A few hours later, we'll be joined by my brother.
>
> I'll spend my birthday at a funeral for my grandmother, who died unexpectedly of a heart attack yesterday. She was supposed to be arriving in the U.S. this Sunday morning to spend the holidays with us. Instead, we have a few days there to do all the tedious and cruel legal shit that follows an unexpected death before scampering back to the U.S. to have a grandmother-less Christmas. After my last final, of course.
>
> I'm not a big birthday person. I don't ask for much. I would prefer, however, not to spend it in a cemetery in Niterói, giving my grandmother a place to rest next to her late husband.
>
> Repeat: fuck this year.

No comments: