02 March 2010

Still beer o'clock!

But first, let's test your memory. Remember how I once wrote about the Audacity of Hops Inaugurale? No? Fine.

Maybe you remember that more recently I wrote about JJF having some Westvleteren? Oh, you don't remember that either? Fine. I don't know why I bother somedays.

Anyway, readers and fractions thereof, I stand before you today to tell you that worlds are colliding. (When two worlds collide, no one survives, no one survives...)

The guy who brewed the Inaugurale apparently is in Belgium? Or something? That's what his gchat status says. But more importantly, he has a beer blog, and what's the first post I see when I head over to his blog? Worlds colliding, people. Perhaps the Onion was right. I'm getting a real Jacob's Ladder vibe from all this, and it's not just because tonight is Lostnight. Be careful out there, kids. The reddest of reds, the bluest of blues - the saddest of songs I sing for you (if you're beer-less.)

Soundtrack for this post courtesy of the late Mark Sandman.

2 comments:

«Tintin» said...

Hey, Sam here. Funny seeing this - I'm glad you're keeping up on my beer adventures! Have you ever had Westvlet?

How's DC these days?

Newmanium Reveler said...

Hey, Sam! Thanks for reading and commenting.

I have not yet had the Westvlet but it's clearly going to be a high priority for me when I make it over to Belgium, hopefully in the next couple of years. Sounds like it takes determination and luck to get your hands on it - I can't wait for the challenge.

DC has been fine - the snow made the city really quiet and pretty, as I'm sure you heard. I've been having lots of Founders brews like the Brother Thelonius and Backwoods Bastard and the occasional Mikkeler when I can find it. I'll definitely be an avid reader of your blog as I sit here, waiting to see how the Tintin movie turns out...

Take care...