29 December 2009

Oh niner.

We were in New York for new year’s last year. I remember ice skating in Central Park under the falling snow, and I remember my filling my dad’s hotel suite with people playing Mario Party on Rafa’s Wii.

A few weeks later, it was hopey time.










Easy to mock, but it was a really fun long weekend. I had the Audacity of Hops brew (link), and I stood in the cold for hours, and I wish I could do it again.





People moved away in 2009. Too many people spread too thin over the crust of the earth.

For the third time in as many years, we went to Colorado. This time we saw the aspens turning, and I couldn’t help but think of Scooter Libby’s letter to Judith Miller. It’s oddly elegant, isn’t it? “Come back to work – and to life.”

That grad school thing started up.

I got onboard with facebook and twitter, and with the smartphone thing.

Pavement announced their reunion tour.

I heard the best song about the Bush years, but not until Bush had left office.

This year, we celebrate in the heat of Rio. Goodbye, aughts.

No comments: