26 February 2009

I don't know why I'm a late adopter

but when I do get to adopting, I can compete with Angelina Jolie.

Six months ago: no hd tv, no hd TiVo, no Wii, no iphone, no facebook. Today: everything's changed!

I had this same problem with cell phones. I fought and fought and fought against owning one. I was one of the last people I knew to get one. But when I think back on the early days of the Internet, I was all over it. I'm not sure what happened between 1994 and 2000 to make such a luddite, but since then, I've basically been skeptical of every new technological innovation for no other reason than to be a contrarian.

Now, I'm loving that I can stream netflix straight to the televizzle...I love watching stuff in HD...and I can't get enough of Brian Eno's Bloom app for the iphone.

So, next time I'm being curmudgeonly about technology, someone please smack me.

No comments: