18 February 2009

I hate these phases

when I'm just so thoroughly unmoved by any kind of music. Ask me what I feel like listening to, and you'll get the same kind of blank stare you'd get if you asked me to name my favorite alpine skier.

The dangerous thing about these blah periods is that new music, in particular, gets over- or underrated. So, you check out a flavor-of-the-month band and because you react in a neutral-to-warm fashion, you assume they're for real (Interpol). Or you hear something really good, that you've been meaning to check out because it's supposed to be great for when you're feeling down or blah, and you totally fail to get that it's tremendous (Bon Iver).

And on days like today, I hate the fact that I hate meteorologists too much to take them seriously.

No comments: